This material is giving you some basic steps to install MongoDB in a windows machine. Follow the steps to get MonogDB in you windows machine.
1. wmic os get osarchitecture (give this command in cmd to get the result)
2. Download http://www.mongodb.org/downloads
3. Extract the archive to C:\ by right clicking on the archive and selecting Extract All and browsing to C:\
4. (Optional) Move the mongodb directory
Go to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories.
Right click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator from the popup menu.
In the Command Prompt, type the following commands:
move C:\mongodb-win32-* C:\mongodb
5. md data
6. md data\db
Waiting for the connections indicates database started
Now in the popup select the Private networks
9. We can also set the alternate for the db
\mongodb\bin\mongod.exe –dbpath d:\test\mongodb\data
If we have spaces between the path
\mongodb\bin\mongod.exe –dbpath “d:\test\mongo db data”
Article written by DataDotz Team
DataDotz is a Chennai based BigData Team primarily focussed on consulting and training on technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark , NoSQL(HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB), Search and Cloud Computing.
Note: DataDotz also provides classroom based Apache Kafka training in Chennai. The Course includes Cassandra , MongoDB, Scala and Apache Spark Training. For more details related to Apache Spark training in Chennai, please visit http://datadotz.com/training/